Elleebana Brow Henna Skin Staining Tips and Tricks
The next generation in brow tint has dropped! But do we actually understand what the difference is between brow tint and Elleebana Brow Henna? Brow tint requires an oxidant to open up the cuticle of the hair and allow tint to be deposited into the cortex of the hair. Elleebana Brow Henna uses no oxidant, is ammonia and peroxide free and works to coat the brow hairs while nourishing and strengthening them and creating a thicker, fuller and softer look.
As many of you know, another advantage of using Elleebana Brow Henna is to achieve a skin staining affect. The better understanding we have regarding skin staining with brow henna, the better the expectations for our clients. Let's chat about why the skin staining results last 2-7 days when properly used. Our skin cells are at varying stages of cell desquamation, also known as skin shedding. This natural process can take up to 14 days on average but other factors can sometimes affect this. Here are a few to consider... oily skin, exfoliating products, microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
Here's some tips and tricks to help you get the most skin staining out of Elleebana Brow Henna
- Cleanse and gently exfoliate the brows with Elleebana Makeup Remover, other removers could leave residue behind.
- Mixing your henna to a movable, gel like consistency, using your henna too dry will not leave a stain on the skin.
- Adding 10% Dark Brown or Black to you mixture.
- Leaving your henna on for 20 minutes is ideal but 30 is better!
- Gently remove your henna using a wet pad and being careful not to rub or pull the henna off the brow hair.
Aftercare is very important as it is with every service, it's your job to make their brows beautiful and it's their job to keep them that way!
Our top priority at Elleebana Beauty is education and support. Please feel free to message us with any questions you may have that can help you master your skills.
Candy + Shelby